We’re back with Measure Marketing’s Digital Summer to discover even more ways to fuel your digital marketing and bring the summer fun to your strategies.
Track Your Analytics
Now that we’ve returned to the Qualified Leads Lagoon, it’s time to go swimming in the Analytic Ocean! Here you won’t find fish or coral. Instead, you’ll be greeted with tools to measure your marketing results.
It’s important to keep track of your analytics throughout your marketing process to effectively adapt your strategies and engage more prospects. Be sure to take advantage of tools like Google Analytics that can help you identify the audience you’re collecting, your engagement rate, ad performance, and more.
Be sure to check out our blog on the top 5 reasons you should be using Google Analytics!
Strengthen Your Marketing Knowledge
Becoming a successful marketer can feel a lot like learning to surf. You’ll need a solid amount of practice before you can be successful, but the key is to get back up every time you fall off the board. Find your footing with plenty of research into the success stories or cautionary tales of competitors. What social media platforms worked? What content saw the most engagement? What types of keywords were being used? All of this is beneficial information as you can build yourself up to succeed with a better understanding of what strategies have been successful in the past.
Much like surfing, the more you learn, the more you will be able to achieve. Strengthen your foundational understanding of digital marketing now and, with time and experience, you’ll become an expert who leads the way towards innovation in the future.
Monitor Your Results
Tracking your marketing performance is as easy as getting a good photo at the beach, provided you’ve got the right tools. You can’t exactly take a photo without a camera, right? Luckily, many of the digital marketing platforms you use probably have tracking systems built in! Social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook have built-in measurement software that can track engagement, followers, and other helpful statistics. You can also use platforms like Google Analytics and HubSpot that link with your social media and website so that all your analytics can be found in a single space.
Make Sure You’re Getting Enough Link Juice
Link Juice may sound like a fruity beverage you’d sip on the beach but it’s actually the term for the increase in SEO you receive from your backlinks. If other companies (especially ones with high site traffic and engagement) link to your site, search engines see that you are valuable and worth promoting. Keep in mind that link juice isn’t something that comes easily to most sites.
Many factors go into getting link juice to your page:
- Pages that receive multiple backlinks from different websites get the most link juice.
- Websites that link to the same page multiple times produce less juice with each link added.
- Link juice is not transferred if both pages link to each other.
You can redistribute link juice throughout your site through internal linking.
Practice Target Marketing
The ocean is a big place, but the world of digital marketing feels BIGGER. Often, when visiting the beach, you may be more likely to find interesting critters in the tide pools than you would if you swam out into the ocean.
Learn to target specific groups rather than mass-marketing into an area where you aren’t sure what you’re going to get.
You can do this through:
- Content Writing – What questions do your ideal leads have? Create content that caters to them and establishes your brand as one that is knowledgeable about their needs.
- Creating Lead Magnets – eBooks, downloadable how-to graphics, and anything that provides helpful information in an easily accessible format helps to gather leads.
- Networking – Interaction is the key to success. A knowledgeable team that excels in networking can be an unstoppable force when it comes to promoting your business.
- Referral Programs – Partnering with another business to promote your own (in exchange for promoting theirs) is a great way to get the clients and customers you need potentially at double the rate.